Sunday, May 27th 7:00am.. Skies finally cleared late yesterday afternoon as an area of high pressure approached from the NW. This feature is now centered over Labrador but is ridging to the south. The ridge will crest over the island about noon today with winds shifting to the south marking the passage. Skies will begin to cloud over later tomorrow as a cold front begins to approach from the west with some showers developing towards midnight. The front itself moves across the island Tuesday morning between sunrise and noon with the winds shifting to the northwest marking it’s passage. Skies will begin to clear Tuesday afternoon as the front moves east. An area of high pressure will then dominate the Maritimes Wednesday through Friday with sunshine and moderating temperatures. Clouds and rain push into the region by later Saturday as a trough of low pressure approaches from the west. We could also see some left over moisture from Subtropical “Alberto” get absorbed with this approaching system. Will have a better idea mid week on this.
Precipitation.. Showers Monday night (midnight) through noon Tuesday. Dry Tuesday afternoon through Saturday afternoon. Rain late Saturday.
Temperatures.. Still cool today, near normal tomorrow and Tuesday morning Temps fall Tuesday afternoon in the wake of the cold front and remain cool again for Wednesday followed by at or above normal Thursday through Saturday.
Wind.. Very Light northerly now will shift to southerly this afternoon then increase to light-brisk SW later tomorrow shifting to NW Tuesday near noon. Light-brisk NW winds continue into Wednesday becoming light and variable for Thursday and Friday. Southerlies develop on Saturday.
Hazards.. Possible front for the next hour or so. Wet driving conditions in any rain Monday night into Tuesday morning.
Watches/warnings.. Frost advisory remains in effect for a few more hours this morning but will end once temps rise in the morning sunshine.
- Today.. Sunny, light north winds shifting to southerly late this afternoon, highs 13
- Tonight.. Clear, light south winds, lows 4
- Tomorrow.. Sunny start, increasing clouds with rain late, light-brisk SW winds, highs 17
- Tuesday.. Clouds and showers in the morning ending by noon then clearing, light-brisk SW winds to start shifting to NW near noon, highs 17 before noon then falling with the wind shift during the afternoon.
- Wednesday.. Sunny, light-brisk NW winds, highs 11
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, light east east winds, highs 16
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, light E-SE winds, highs 17
- Saturday.. Cloudy with showers late in the day, light south winds, highs 21
- Sunday.. Showers ending, winds shifting to the north, cool temps. 12