Monday, May 28th 6:30am.. The area of high pressure the gave the sunshine and light winds to the Maritimes yesterday has moved east and is now centered south of Newfoundland. A warm front approaching from the west has pushed some high clouds across the region now but not expecting any rain until tonight when the associated cold front approaches. This front will cross the island tomorrow morning resulting in a wind shift to the NW followed by cooler temperatures. High pressure then dominates the weather pictures for the Maritimes through Friday night with dry conditions. Clouds will thicken up Friday night with the approach of a cold front with the associated Rain expected Saturday morning. The cold front slips through before noon bringing an end to the warm temperatures. High pressure then dominates for Sunday and Monday.
Precipitation.. Showers should begin just after midnight tonight ending before noon tomorrow with less than 5 mms. Dry conditions then expected Tuesday afternoon through Friday night. Rain Saturday morning through Saturday night then dry for Sunday and Monday.
Temperatures.. Near normal today, mild tonight into early tomorrow then the cool down associated with the cold frontal passage. So warmest part of tomorrow will be before noon. Below normal on Wednesday. Normal to above normal for Thursday and Friday followed by another cool Saturday through Monday.
Wind… Light-brisk southerlies today and tonight into tomorrow morning shifting to northerly near noon tomorrow marking the cold frontal passage. Light-brisk NNW winds continue through Wednesday diminishing to very light westerly on Thursday then very light SE on Friday then turning northerly on Saturday.
Thunderstorms.. Slight risk of a thunderstorm tonight into tomorrow morning.
Hazards… Wet driving conditions in any rain tomorrow morning.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. High cloudiness (filtered sunshine), light SW winds, highs 17
- Tonight.. Cloudy with showers developing after midnight, light-brisk SW winds, lows near 10
- Tomorrow.. Showers ending near noon then clearing, light-brisk SW winds shifting to NW near noon, High will occur before noon near 15 then fall with the wind shift.
- Wednesday.. Sunny, Diminishing NW winds, highs 12
- Thursday.. Sunny, very light west winds, highs 20
- Friday.. Sunny, very light SE winds, highs 20
- Saturday.. Rain early then clearing, north winds, highs 15
- Sunday.. Sunny, north winds, highs 12
- Monday.. Sunny, north winds, highs 13