Sunday, June 3rd 9:00am.. Clouds and drizzle/showers continues to effect the island this morning in the moist onshore northerly winds off the cold waters of the Gulf. Skies will slowly clear later today as this wind diminishes. An area of high pressure located over northern Quebec will ridge southward cresting over the island overnight tonight into tomorrow morning. This will allow winds to drop off to calm. Clear skies and calm winds will result in widespread frost tonight. Suggest covering any plants. An ocean system will develop off Cape Hatteras now and will move NE tracking south of NS on Tuesday. This system will bring some cloud and showers to the island. A second system will then develop over the Great Lakes Tuesday morning. This system will track SE moving off the coast vicinity Cape Cod early Wednesday morning. This system will then track NE passing just south of NS Wednesday night into Thursday morning with another round of cloud and showers. High pressure briefly builds in for Thursday night with some clear skies. A frontal system then approaches from the west on Friday with clouds and showers.
Precipitation..Few showers or drizzle expected today but the trend will be for improving conditions as the day progresses. Rain should begin overnight Monday into early Tuesday morning and continues off and on through Wednesday Thursday and Friday. This won’t be a continuous rain but will have breaks between systems. Breaks Tuesday afternoon, Wednesday afternoon and another break Thursday night with high pressure crossing.
Temperatures… Below normal all week, warm-up on Saturday. Warmest areas will be along the south coast furthest from the cold waters of the Gulf and the northerly winds.
Wind.. Basically a light-brisk N-E flow for the period.
Hazards. Good Chance of extensive frost tonight.
Watches/warnings.. Environment Canada has issued a frost advisory for the entire province for tonight.
- Today.. Mostly cloudy, chance of shower, more sunshine up west..slow clearing, diminishing north winds, highs 6
- Tonight.. Clear, calm winds, lows 0 giving widespread frost!!
- Tomorrow.. Sunny becoming cloudy later in the day, light NE winds highs 10
- Tuesday.. Showers, light NE-E winds, highs 10
- Wednesday.. Rain ending early then redeveloping again by evening, brisk NE winds, highs 10
- Thursday.. Rain ending in the afternoon then clearing, brisk NE winds, highs 10
- Friday.. Showers, south winds, 15
- Saturday.. Sunny 21