Wednesday, June 6th 6:30am.. A couple of low pressure systems continue to effect the region this morning. The system that gave the rain to the island yesterday has moved to a position south of Newfoundland. The second system, a weak area of low pressure, moved from the lower Great Lakes and is now located just east of Cape Cod and will continue to track eastward passing south of NS today. Rain from this system should stay offshore. Expect clearing trend today as the system pull away. High pressure will build in for tonight and tomorrow. Clouds will begin to thicken up later tomorrow as a cold front approaches from the west with some showers developing after midnight. Showers continue through Friday with the frontal passage. The weekend into the first couple days of next week is looking fair with no organized systems but rather some weak upper air disturbances moving through giving some cloudy periods and occasional showers but timing right now is difficult as the various models are still not in very good agreement.
Precipitation.. Few showers this morning ending near noon. Dry for later today through tomorrow. Rain begins late tomorrow night (just after midnight) and continues through most of Saturday. Basically dry for Saturday Sunday and Monday but can’t rule out a stray shower. Better chance of a shower on Tuesday
Temperatures.. Warmer today but still below normal. Slightly below normal conditions then expected for the remainder of the period.
Wind.. Light northerlies today shifting to SE-SW tomorrow increasing to brisk SW for Friday, light-brisk NW on Saturday. Light westerlies northerlies on Sunday becoming northerlies on Monday.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any left over showers this morning. Could be some patchy frost tonight as skies clear and winds become calm. Best chance will be inland low lying areas, valleys. protect any plants..
Watches/warnings.. Frost advisory in effect for tonight.
- Today.. Cloudy with morning showers, slow clearing, light north winds, highs 12
- Tonight.. Clear, calm giving risk of frost, lows 0/5
- Tomorrow.. Sunny start becoming cloudy with showers developing after midnight, Light SE winds, highs 17
- Friday.. Cloud and showers, brisk SW winds, highs 16
- Saturday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk NW winds, highs 15
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud,light west winds, highs 16
- Monday.. Sun and cloud, light north winds, highs 16
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk south winds, highs 16