Thursday, June 7th 6:10am.. Skies cleared late yesterday as an area of low pressure pulled away south of NS. A ridge of high pressure has now approached from the west and is located in the Gulf of Maine. This feature will also continue to drift eastward today passing south of the region during the day today. Skies will begin to cloud over later today as a cold front approaches from Quebec. This front is expected to lie in a NE-SW line stretching from Anticosti Island southward through Cape Cod by tomorrow afternoon then crossing the island late tomorrow afternoon. Showers and thundershowers will accompany this feature. A weak upper air disturbance is then expected to cross the Maritimes on Saturday with cloud and showers. Cloud and chance of showers exist through Sunday as unstable air engulfs the region. Monday looking good at this point under an area of high pressure. Cloud and showers return on Tuesday with a low pressure system crossing the region. High pressure then in control from later Wednesday through Thursday.
Precipitation.. Showers should begin overnight tonight then continue through tomorrow giving about 5 mms. Chance of showers for Saturday and Sunday. Monday dry. Showers again on Tuesday into early Wednesday.
Temperatures.. At or below normal conditions expected through the period. The coolest days appear to be Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.
Wind.. Light southerlies today increasing to brisk tomorrow shifting to westerlies early tomorrow evening with the cold frontal passage. Light westerlies on Saturday, light northerlies on Sunday. Light and variable winds on Monday turning southerly on Tuesday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of storms tomorrow afternoon.evening associated with the cold frontal passage.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain overnight tonight and tomorrow.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny, light south winds, highs 19
- Tonight.. Cloudy with showers developing after midnight, light-brisk South winds, lows 9
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with showers, chance of thundershowers late afternoon/evening, brisk south winds, highs 17
- Saturday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers, light west winds, highs 16
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers, light north winds, highs 15
- Monday.. Sunny, light and variable winds, highs 15
- Tuesday.. Rain, brisk south winds, highs 13
- Wednesday.. Cloudy, 10
- Thursday.. Cloudy, 15