Friday, June 8th 6:40am.. A cold front approaching from the west will continue to give cloud and showers to the island today with risk of thundershowers. This front will sweep across the island late this afternoon. The cooler air expected tomorrow will become unstable with daytime sunshine resulting in some cloud development and isolated showers. High pressure then builds in for Sunday through Tuesday but again the air will remain rather cool and unstable. This when combined with daytime heating will give way to afternoon clouds and isolated showers. A low pressure system will approach on Wednesday with a more organized area of cloud and showers.
Precipitation.. Showers today into this evening ending this evening. Isolated showers then possible tomorrow through Tuesday. More organized showers on Wednesday.
Temperatures... At or slightly below normal today through Tuesday becoming at or above normal beginning Wednesday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today shifting to W-NW this evening with the cold frontal passage. Light W-NW winds then continue tomorrow through Monday. Winds then shift and increase to brisk SW winds on Tuesday which continue into Wednesday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of thunderstorms later today.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in showers today and this evening.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy with showers and chance of thundershowers, brisk SW winds, highs 16
- Tonight.. Showers early then clearing after midnight, light-brisk W-NW winds, lows 7
- Tomorrow.. Sunny with cloudy periods, light W-NW winds, highs 17
- Sunday.. Sunny with cloudy periods, light W-NW winds, highs 13
- Monday.. Sunny with cloudy periods, light W-NW winds, highs 13
- Tuesday.. Sunny, brisk SW winds, highs 19
- Wednesday.. Cloud and showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 22
- Thursday.. Cloud and showers, 20