Saturday, June 9th 9:45am Cloud showers and isolated thundershowers crossed the region yesterday in advance of a cold front approaching from the west. This front is now located in a N-S line between PEI and Cape Breton. Skies will continue to clear today as the front moves away but the cool air in behind the front when combined with daytime sunshine and heating will result in instability which may lead to afternoon cloud development and possibly a few showers. This activity will persist tomorrow and Monday as high pressure dominates the area. A cold front will begin to approach the Maritimes from the north on Tuesday crossing the island later in the day. Cloud and showers will accompany this feature. The front will then stall or stop over the region Wednesday morning then begin to lift back north again as a warm front as an area of low pressure ripples eastward along this frontal boundary.The low itself will move across northern NB/Gaspe Bay Wednesday night resulting cloud and rain across the island. The front moves through again as a cold front Thursday afternoon with clearing skies expected on Friday..
Precipitation.. The last of the showers associated with the cold front are moving off eastern PEI now. Isolated showers may redevelop this afternoon due daytime heating. This activity will tend to dissipate at night then redevelop tomorrow and Monday during the afternoon. More organized showers associated with the approaching cold front Tuesday evening/overnight persisting through Wednesday as the front stalls and the area of low pressure passes by to the north. Showers coming to an end Thursday afternoon with the cold frontal passage.
Temperatures.. Another cool night tonight and tomorrow night under clear skies and light winds. Still a slight risk of frost inland low lying areas next couple nights. Afternoon temps are staying slightly below normal for the next few days. Don’t really see any heat yet.
Wind.. Light westerlies today, calm tonight, light NW tomorrow, calm again tomorrow night, light NW on Monday. Brisk SW winds develop on Tuesday and Wednesday shifting to NW on Thursday behind the cold front.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any showers over the next couple days.. Slight chance of frost next couple nights especially inland low lying areas under clear skies and calm wind.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Clearing.. Sun with cloudy periods this afternoon, slight chance of a shower, light west winds, highs 17
- Tonight.. Clear, calm, cool, slight chance of frost inland, lows 5 but cooler isolated inland low lying areas.
- Tomorrow.. Sunny with afternoon cloudy periods and slight chance of a shower, light NW winds, highs 12
- Monday.. Sunny with cloudy periods and slight chance of a shower, light NW winds, highs 12
- Tuesday.. Sunny, increasing clouds late with possible showers by evening, brisk SW winds, highs 19
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 16
- Thursday.. Cloud and showers early then clearing, SW winds shifting to NW , highs 14
- Friday.. Sunny, light W-NW winds, highs 16