Sunday, June 10th 9:00am.. Cloudy skies prevailed overnight last night as a trough of low pressure extended into the Maritimes from a low east of Newfoundland. The clouds prevented the temperatures from falling too low. An area of high pressure centered on western Quebec will drift eastward today cresting over the island later tomorrow. Skies will clear later today as this feature approaches and remain clear overnight. This time, temps are expected to fall under clam winds hence a frost advisory has been issued. Afternoon cloudy periods expected tomorrow in the cool unstable air with even an outside chance of an isolated shower. Tuesday starts out sunny but clouds will begin to invade the region as a cold front oriented east-west approaches from the north with showers developing after midnight. This front will stall somewhere over NS/NB then begin to lift north again as a warm front during the day on Wednesday. Low pressure will then ripple eastward along this frontal boundary passing through NB and PEI during the day on Thursday with The cold front sweeps though during t he afternoon. Cloud and rain will accompany this feature. Friday through Sunday is looking nice right now with high pressure in control.
Precipitation. Slight chance of a shower this morning and again tomorrow. More organized showers develop Tuesday night into Wednesday morning as the frontal system approaches then stalls. Rain spreads across the island near dawn on Thursday morning as low pressure approaches from the west ending overnight Thursday into Friday morning. Basically dry for Friday Saturday and Sunday.
Temperatures.. Cool today and tomorrow, a little warmer Tuesday and Wednesday but still below normal. At or above normal temps spread across the region beginning on Thursday.
Wind.. Light NW winds today and tomorrow. Southerlies develop on Tuesday increasing to brisk Tuesday night into Wednesday morning. Light-brisk SE on Thursday shifting to NW Thursday with the cold frontal passage and continuing through Friday and the weekend.
Hazards.. Possible frost tonight til dawn tomorrow.
Watches/warnings.. Frost advisory in effect for tonight.
- Today.. Cloudy, clearing through the afternoon, light NW winds, lows 12
- Tonight.. Clear, calm, cold..Frost likely inland low lying areas, lows 0/3
- Tomorrow. Sunny, afternoon cloudy periods, light NW winds, highs 12
- Tuesday.. Sunny start, becoming cloudy with possible showers late, increasing south winds, highs 17
- Wednesday… Cloudy, light-brisk SW winds, highs 15
- Thursday.. Cloudy with rain, light-brisk SE winds, highs 21
- Friday.. clearing, NW winds, highs 20
- Saturday.. Sunny, W-NW winds, highs 23
- Sunday… Sunny, W-NW winds, highs 25