Monday, June 11 6:55am.. A high pressure system located in central Quebec this morning continues to drift SE passing south of the Maritimes overnight tonight. Clear skies and calm winds should give another risk of frost to the island tonight. Southerly winds developing tomorrow should allow temps to climb back to normal for a change. A cold front oriented east-west will drop down from the north Tuesday night crossing PEI early Wednesday with cloud and showers, then stall in the vicinity of southern NS/NB. Here the front will weaken and begin to lift north again as a warm front as low pressure approaches from the west. The low will ripple eastward along the frontal boundary through NB and PEI early Thursday with associated cloud and rain. The associated cold front then sweeps across PEI Thursday afternoon. A large area of high pressure then dominates the region Friday through Monday with sunshine.
Precipitation.. Chance of showers developing tomorrow night as that weak colds front approaches. Chance of showers continues into Wednesday as the cold front stalls just to our south. Organized rain then spreads across the island Wednesday night as that low pressure system approaches. This rain should taper to showers behind the cold front Thursday afternoon then end Thursday evening. Looks like an extended dry spell developing Friday through Monday.
Temperatures.. Another cool day today followed by a cold night tonight. Normal temperatures return tomorrow.
Wind.. Light NW winds today dropping off top calm tonight then becoming southerly tomorrow. Southerly winds increasing to brisk Tuesday night into Wednesday morning shifting to NW Wednesday afternoon with that cold frontal passage. Winds shift back to the SE Wednesday night into Thursday morning then NW Thursday afternoon with that frontal passage. Light W-NW then prevail Friday and Saturday.
Hazards.. Possible frost tonight. Hopefully this will be the last of the cold night..
Watches/warnings.. Frost advisory issued for tonight.
- Today.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 12
- Tonight.. Clear, calm, cold.. Possible patchy frost, lows 4
- Tomorrow.. Sunny becoming cloudy with possible showers overnight, increasing SW winds, highs 19
- Wednesday.. Morning showers becoming periods of rain in the afternoon, light NW winds shifting to SE, highs 18
- Thursday.. Rain tapering to showers, SE winds shifting to W-NW highs 20
- Friday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 20
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SE winds, highs 20
- Monday.. Cloudy, Brisk SW winds, highs 23