Tuesday, June 12th 6:20am… An area of high pressure centered near Cape Cod this morning will continue to drift SE today. This feature will give mainly sunny skies and warm temperatures to the island today. Clouds will begin to roll in this evening as a cold front approaches from the north. This weakening front will cross the island near dawn tomorrow then stall. Low pressure will then begin to approach from Ontario rippling eastward along this frontal boundary crossing NB and right across PEI Thursday afternoon. Cloud and rain will accompany this feature. The low pulls away to the east on Friday allowing high pressure to build in and skies to clear. This area of high pressure will then dominate the weekend. A cold front moving through the region on Monday will bring some cloud and showers.
Precipitation.. Slight chance of a shower overnight tonight into tomorrow morning associated with that weakening cold front. A large area of rain begins late Wednesday night and continues all day Thursday ending Friday morning giving a possible 20-30 mms. Dry for Friday afternoon through Sunday night. Showers on Monday.
Temperatures.. Finally some warm weather… Temps should be at or above normal for this period except for Thursday when cloudy cool wet conditions accompany the low pressure system tracking across the island.
Wind.. Calm winds now will become light southerly today increasing to brisk SW tonight into early tomorrow morning. Winds will temporarily shift to the NW tomorrow morning with the cold frontal passage then SE winds later tomorrow. Easterly winds on Thursday becoming northerly late Thursday once the low pressure system moves east of the island. Light west winds on Saturday becoming southerly on Sunday.
Thunderstorms.. Chane of thunderstorms on Thursday..
Hazards.. I think we have seen the last of the frost for this season….. Heavy rain possible on Thursday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny, light south winds, highs 17
- Tonight.. Becoming cloudy with slight chance of a shower towards dawn, brisk SW winds, lows 14
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy all day, chance of morning showers, rain redeveloping near midnight, brisk SW winds shifting to NW near noon then easterly by midnight, highs 18
- Thursday.. All day rain, at times heavy, chance of thundershowers, light-brisk east winds, highs 12
- Friday.. Becoming sunny, light north winds, highs 19
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, light south winds, highs 22
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers, 22