Wednesday, June 13th 6:35am.. Clouds and showers are effecting the island this morning as a cold front swept across the region. This front is now located in a NE-SW fashion across eastern PEI and is expected to stall before across southern NS/NB later this morning. An area of low pressure located in central Ontario will then ripple eastward along this frontal boundary passing through the Maritimes during the day on Thursday. Extensive rain is expected with this system. This system pulls away late Thursday allowing high pressure to build in and dominate the region for the Friday Saturday Sunday time frame with sunshine. A slow moving cold front results in clouds and rain for Sunday night through Monday night. High pressure back in control for Tuesday through mid week.
Precipitation.. Few showers ending this morning as the front moves to the southeast. Rain develops after midnight tonight and continues through tomorrow ending before dawn Friday morning. Rainfall amounts near 20 mms possible. Dry for Friday through Sunday. Rain Sunday night through Monday. Dry Tuesday through Thursday.
Temperatures.. Near normal for the period except for Thursday when temps are expected to be well below normal.
Wind… Winds will shift to the W-NW this morning then northerly this afternoon then easterly tonight into tomorrow. Light northerlies again on Friday, westerlies on Saturday followed by southerlies on Sunday. Light westerlies Monday Tuesday and Wednesday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of rumble or two on Thursday.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in showers this morning then again tonight and all day tomorrow.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy with showers ending early, light-brisk west winds shifting to northerly, highs 18
- Tonight.. Rain developing after midnight, light-brisk east winds, lows 10
- Tomorrow.. All day rain, chance of thundershowers, light-brisk east winds, highs 12
- Friday.. Sunny, light north winds, highs 18
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, rain possible very late, light-brisk south winds, highs 22
- Monday.. Clouds and showers, light north winds, highs 18
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 20
- Wednesday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 24
- Thursday…Sunny, light SW winds, highs 24