Thursday, June 14th 6:30am.. An area of low pressure located in eastern Quebec this morning will continue to move eastward today rippling along a frontal boundary. This front lies in an east-west fashion just south of PEI, hence the chilly air as we are located on the cold side of the front. As mentioned, the low will track along the front passing though southern NB and across southern NS by this evening. Cool temps and basically an all day rain expected today across PEI. High pressure will begin to build in tomorrow behind this system cresting over the island near noon on Sunday. Sunshine and warm temps will prevail for the weekend with this feature. Clouds will begin to roll in late Sunday as a cold front approaches from the NW with rain developing before dawn Monday morning. Looks like this front will also stall across the Maritimes during the day on Monday resulting in cloud and all day showers. High pressure in control for Tuesday. A possible upper air disturbance moves across the region on Wednesday with some cloud and possible showers.
Precipitation.. Rain off and on all day today and could be heavy at times. This rain should taper to showers overnight tonight ending before dawn tomorrow giving rainfall amounts in the 20 mm range. Dry for Friday through Sunday evening. Rain begins again Sunday night and continues through Monday. Dry Tuesday. Possible rain on Wednesday.
Temperatures.. Cool today (sweater weather) and tonight. Warmer tomorrow but still below normal. At or above normal beginning on Saturday.
Wind.. Light-brisk easterlies today becoming northerlies tomorrow and Saturday. Southerlies develop on Sunday and Monday shifting to NW on Tuesday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance today..
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain today and tonight.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy with periods of rain, light east winds, temps today will remain basically steady 8/10
- Tonight.. Showers/drizzle, light north winds, lows 7
- Tomorrow.. Showers/drizzle early then clearing, light north winds, highs 16
- Saturday.. Sunny, light North winds, highs 19
- Sunday.. Sunny, light-brisk south winds, highs 20
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers, brisk south winds, highs 20
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 20
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light west winds, highs 24
- Thursday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26