Sunday, July 1st 8:00am.. A frontal system oriented NE-SW is currently stretching from Cape Breton across NS into Maine. This system continues to slowly move SE keeping the island on the cooler side of the front. Sunshine should break-out as the front slides further away. Tomorrow, this front shifts back north which will allow the heat to surge north into the island. No real organized weather systems are expected through the week but rather a series of weak/weakening cold fronts which will be the focus of cloudy periods with chances of showers or thundershowers. A stronger cold front appears to sweep across the Maritimes on Friday bringing a more organized threat of rainfall along with a change on airmass leading to cooler fresher air.
Precipitation.. The precipitation from the front has shifted SE. Any left over showers should end by noon. A series of weak/weakening cold fronts will give a chance of showers on Tuesday and Wednesday night. A strong cold front will give a risk of more organized rainfall on Friday. Outside these times, there could be a risk of showers/thunderstorms that develop. These storms could develop over NB and drift across the strait in western PEI.
Temperatures.. Normal today and tonight. The heat arrives tomorrow and continues through Thursday. Looks like Tuesday will be the hottest day. Cooler less humid air returns for the weekend.
Wind.. Light Northerly winds today and tonight shifting to southerly tomorrow afternoon. This will mark the leading edge of the heat. These Light-brisk SW winds then continue all week until that strong cold frontal passage of Friday results in a pronounced windshift to the W-NW.
Thunderstorms.. There will be a risk beginning later tomorrow and continues right through Friday. Threat of Strong/severe storms developing across NB and drifting across PEI during the late afternoon/evening any day. Western PEI will have the nest chance for this activity
Hazards.. Chance of thunderstorms (especially Prince county) later tomorrow through Friday. Hot with elevated humidex values will make outdoor activities uncomfortable tomorrow through Friday.
Watches/warnings.. Environment Canada continues with the special weather statement for elevated temps and humidex values. This statement found here. https://weather.gc.ca/warnings/index_e.html?prov=pei
- Today.. Cloudy morning, sunny afternoon, light north winds, highs 23
- Fireworks tonight.. Partly cloudy, light north winds, temps near 13. TAKE A SWEATER !!
- Tonight.. Cloudy periods, light north winds, lows 11
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light north winds shifting to southerly in the afternoon, warm/humid highs 26
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, warm/humid highs 28
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, warm/humid highs 27
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, warm/humid highs 26
- Friday.. Cloudy with showers/thundershowers, wind shifting to the NW, highs 22
- Saturday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 23
- Sunday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 21