Monday, July 2nd 9:15am.. A warm front oriented NW-SE is currently lifting NE across the Maritimes and will usher in a very warm and humid airmass. There are a few thunderstorms in progress along the frontal boundary now across northern Maine and will need to be watched as the move into NB over the next couple hours. A wind shift to the south will mark the passage of the front. Sunshine will break out this afternoon as high pressure builds in. Clouds will return tomorrow as a weakening cold front approaches from the NW with a chance of showers and/or thundershowers. What’s left of this front will then stall over the Maritmes in a NE-SW line on Wednesday which will give varying amounts of cloud and chance of showers/thundershowers. The front dissipates or moves north again on Thursday but cloud and slight chance of a shower continues. On Friday, a strong cold front will approach from the west. This front will bring an end to the heat and humidity with cooler fresher air expected fro the weekend.
Precipitation.. Can’t rule out some showers anytime through Thursday. More organized band of showers with the string cold front on Friday. Dry weekend.
Temperatures.. The heat and humidity expected today through Thursday. Cloud cover early today will give a slow start to the heat. Hottest day expected tomorrow. Cloud and rain on Friday will keep things from heating up. Change in airmass on the weekend behind the cold front.
Wind.. Light NE winds now will shift to the south near noon heralding the heat and humidity. Light-brisk SW winds then expected until Friday with the passage of that strong cold front which will result in a wind shift to the W-NW.
Hazards.. Heat and elevated humidities today through Friday will make out door activities uncomfortable. Chance of thunderstorms all week. Watch the sky for threatening thunderheads..
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings in place now across the island and should remain in place through Friday.
- Today.. Cloudy morning, clearing near noon, light South winds, warm and humid with temps near 25
- Tonight.. Few clouds, light south winds, muggy night, lows only near 18
- Tomorrow.. Sun and cloud becoming cloudy with chance of a shower/thundershower, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, chance of a thundershower, light-brisk SW winds, warm and muggy, highs 27
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, chance of a thundershower, light-brisk SW winds, warm and muggy, highs 26
- Friday.. Cloudy with showers and thundershowers, SW winds shifting to NW, highs 24
- Saturday.. Sunny, light W-NW winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, light W-NW winds, highs 20