Tuesday, July 3rd 7:10am.. A weakening cold front oriented NE-SW is located through central NB this morning and will move east crossing PEI this afternoon with some cloud and showers/thundershowers. What is left of the front will move east tonight but The warm muggy air will remain in place across the Maritimes until Friday when another stronger cold front sweeps across the region. This front will bring cloud showers and thundershowers but more importantly bring an end to this round of heat. Cooler fresher air expected behind the front for the weekend. High pressure then dominates the region Saturday through Tuesday with sunshine and a warming trend beginning early next week.
Precipitation.. Can’t rule out a shower associated with the weak cold front over the next few hours. Can’t rule put some showers moving across from NB later this afternoon/evening. Showers possible on Thursday. More organized showers on Friday associated with that strong cold front then dry through the weekend and into early next week.
Temperatures… Warm and muggy today through Friday. Cooler air for the weekend then a warming trend beginning on Monday.
Wind… Basically a light-brisk SW wind today through Friday shifting to NW Friday night then remaining NW through the weekend.
Thunderstorms… Chance of thunderstorms basically anytime now through Friday night. Will need to watch for strong storms developing in NB and moving across the Strait into western PEI during the late afternoon/evening today tomorrow and Thursday. Storms on the cold front later Friday.. So thunderstorms possible next 4 days…
Hazards.. Thunderstorms next 4 days. Hot and humid today through Friday.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings remain in place across the Maritimes and expected to stay up until Friday..
- Today.. Cloudy periods, chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, warm and muggy, highs 26
- Tonight.. Cloudy periods, light-brisk SW winds, muggy lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy periods and chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, warm and muggy, highs 27
- Thursday… Cloudy periods and chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, warm and muggy, highs 27
- Friday.. Showers/thundershowers, SW winds shifting to NW, warm and muggy, highs 23
- Saturday.. Sunny, light-brisk NW winds, highs 19
- Sunday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 21
- Monday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 25
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25