Thursday, July 5th 7:50am.. An area of high pressure is located to the south of the Maritimes this morning and will slowly drift off to the SE. How and humid conditions will continue across the region associated with this system. A cold front oriented NE-SW is current;y located back through western Ontario. This front will move east sweeping across the region during the day tomorrow and will bring an end to the oppressive heat. This will be a strong cold front and expecting active weather with its passage including possible thunderstorms. High pressure builds in over the region promising a great weekend into Monday with comfortable temperatures and humidities. Another cold front will be approaching from the NW Monday night with cloud and showers/thundershowers. This front then stalls over Maritimes on Tuesday in fact the remainder of the period remains unsettled with a trough of low pressure stalled over the region.
Precipitation.. Afternoon showers possible today which will extend into the overnight hours. Chance of showers continues through tomorrow becoming heavy at times as the cold front approaches giving localized heavy amounts in heavy downpours. The weekend/Monday is looking dry. Showers develop along another cold front Monday night and continue through Tuesday in fact the chance of showers will continue through Friday.
Temperatures…Another hot humid day today. Cooler tomorrow due cloud cover and rain. The weekend is looking fantastic with cooler conditions and low humidities. One day warm-up on Monday then cooler again for the remainder of the week.
Wind.. Light SE winds today increasing to brisk SW tomorrow ahead of the cold front shifting to NW tomorrow evening marking the frontal passage. NW winds on Saturday becoming light SW winds on Sunday increasing to brisk on Monday. Basically light and variable winds for the remainder of the week.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of storms this afternoon and tonight. Better chance of storms tomorrow with the cold front which could become strong/severe.
Hazards.. Elevated heat and humidities today. Risk of lighting activity later today through tomorrow night. Hot and very humid conditions today.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings remain in place across the island today.
- Today.. Sunny start, cloudy periods developing with chance of showers/thundershowers, light SE winds, how and humid with highs near 30
- Tonight.. Cloudy periods and chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, lows 20
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with showers/thundershowers becoming more frequent later in the day. Rain could be heavy at times under strong thunderstorms.. Brisk SW winds, highs 24
- Saturday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 22
- Monday.. Sunny becoming cloudy late, brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 22
- Wednesday.. Cloudy, light and variable winds, highs 22
- Thursday.. Cloudy with light and variable winds, highs 22