Sunday, July 8th 8:45am.. A large area of high pressure oriented E-W is currently located south of NS and will drift off to the SE over the next 1-2 days. This feature will allow a brisk SW wind to develop today pushing temps once again up into the mid/high 20’s. A cold front will approach from the NW on Tuesday with some cloud and showers/thundershowers crossing the island Tuesday evening. Tropical storm Chris will be tracking NE on Wednesday and bears watching as it passes SE of NS on Thursday. High pressure returns for Friday and Saturday.
Precipitation.. Showers develop on Tuesday on the cold front. Showers possible again on Thursday associated with the remnants of TS Chris.
Temperatures.. Warm and humid today through Tuesday. Cooler behind the front on Wednesday and Thursday. Warm-up begins again on Friday.
Wind.. Brisk SW winds today tonight and tomorrow diminishing to light on Tuesday then shifting to N-NW on Wednesday with the passage of the cold front and TS Chris approaches.
Tropical storms.. A low pressure system off Cape Hatteras, NC a few days ago and has been basically stationary. The system slowly became better organized and was upgraded to tropical storm “Chris” this morning and becomes the 3rd named storm of the season. Chris will meander for a couple more days then begin to move NE late Tuesday. There remains much uncertainty with the track of this storm with some models tracking it very close to Cape Breton while others keeping it well offshore. Stay tuned..
Hazards.. Heat and humidity today through Tuesday.. Possible lighting on Tuesday.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warning in effect for all of PEI.
- Today.. Mix of sun and cloud, brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Tonight.. Few clouds, brisk SW winds, lows 16
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with showers/thundershowers, light SW winds, highs 25
- Wednesday.. Cloudy, light NE winds, highs 19
- Thursday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, brisk NE winds, highs 19
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, light south winds, highs 22
- Saturday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25