Sunday, July 22nd 8:00am.. A weak area of low pressure approached NS from the south yesterday. This system, which is tropical in nature, made landfall near sheet Harbour and continued to move north passing over Cape Breton Island and is now located over western Newfoundland. A strong area of High pressure will remain anchored n the western Atlantic, this will force spokes of energy to ripple northward across Ontario and Quebec over the upcoming week. Most of the weather should be confined to those regions but unsettled weather will remain in place across much of the Maritimes. Basically, a warm and muggy week of weather ahead. There will be some cloud and and showers around. The middle of the week (Tuesday-Wednesday) appear to be the best.
Precipitation.. Few showers possible today and tomorrow then again on Friday and Saturday.
Temperatures.. Warm and muggy all week with temps near 26/27
Wind.. A persistent light-brisk SW wind all week dropping off during the overnight hours.
Thunderstorms.. Risk of storms later today…
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any rain.. There is a risk of lighting activity later today.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy, chance of showers/thundershowers, light SW winds, highs muggy 27
- Tonight.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, calm winds, lows 20
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy, chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 27
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Thursday.. Cloudy, chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Friday.. Cloudy with showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW wind,s highs 25
- Saturday.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Sunday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 27