Monday, July 23rd 6:45am.. A large area of high pressure remains stalled in the western Atlantic Ocean setting up a persistent southwest flow of warm muggy moist air from the deep south. This tropical plume of moisture has been pushing northward across Quebec and Ontario last few days but is now shifting eastward and will effect the Maritimes over the next couple days. There is a risk of slow moving thunderstorms as well bringing rain at times heavy. The setup will continue all week with a possibility of a cold front finally moving through on Saturday. Sunday may finally see some relief but all depends if that front makes it through. Si for now will just stick with that persistent SW flow of warm muggy moist tropical air with cloud and showers/thundershowers.
Precipitation.. The western Maritimes is under the threat of the heaviest rainfall over the next 5 days or so as the tropical plum of moisture shifts east from Ontario/Quebec into NB. This plume of moisture only gets into NB before shifting back westward. So the issue is how far to the east will this area of rain get. The best chance to see significant rain will be Prince county. There is also a risk of slow moving thunderstorms which could drop significant amounts of rain. over he next couple days.
Temperatures.. Warm and muggy conditions over the next week or so. Could be some relief on Sunday and Monday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW wind all week.
Thunderstorms.. Risk of storms with this tropical air. Storms could be slow moving.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any rain especially up west. Rainfall could be heavy at times. Risk of lightning.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy with chance of showers ending near noon, then sun and cloud. light SW winds, highs hot and humid 29
- Tonight.. Cloudy, Calm/very light SW winds, lows humid 20
- Tomorrow.. Sun and cloud, light SW winds, highs hot and humid 29
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, light SW winds, highs 26
- Thursday.. Cloudy with showers, brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Friday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 27
- Saturday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, light west winds, highs 26
- Monday.. Cloudy, 21