Tuesday, July 24th 6:45am.. Another couple days of hot humid weather across the Maritimes as high pressure remains stalled in the western Atlantic ocean. This is resulting in moist tropical air from the deep south to move northward along the eastern seaboard right into Atlantic Canada. There is a band of cloud and showers associated but right now this activity extends from Florida northward into the Montreal/Ottawa area then eastward across Gaspe Bay into Newfoundland. For now this band remains nearly stationary but is expected to shift eastward across the island by Thursday with some cloud and showers/thundershowers. Friday hints at a return to sunshine after after this band of cloud and showers moves away. A cold front slowly approaching from the west is expected to bring some cloud and showers on the weekend but no real relief from the heat. This front never really moves away and lingers over the region into early next week. So the hot and muggies continue across PEI..
Precipitation… Generally dry conditions expected next couple days but the rain is not far away. (northern NB/Gaspe Bay/Northern Gulf). Some showers expected to move into the region as the band of showers shifts east on Thursday. Another band of showers associated with the cold front over the weekend. Rainfall amounts expected to remain low except locally higher amounts in heavy thundershowers.
Temperatures.. No real relief from the heat and humidity expected. The only relief will be slightly lower temperatures due cloud cover on Thursday and weekend.
Wind.. The persistent light-brisk SW flow continues all week.
Thunderstorms.. Any storms appear to be trapped in the band across eastern Ontario/Quebec and western NB/\Gaspe. We could see some of these on Thursday as this band shifts eastward.
Hazards.. High temperatures and elevated humidity levels will make outdoor activities difficult. Stay hydrated!!
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings have been issued for all 3 Maritime provinces.
- Today.. Clearing, light-brisk SW winds, highs hot and muggy 29
- Tonight.. Becoming cloudy, light SW winds, lows muggy 20
- Tomorrow.. Clearing, light-brisk SW winds, highs hot and muggy 29
- Thursday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs muggy 27
- Friday.. Clearing, light-brisk SW winds, highs muggy 28
- Saturday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs muggy 27
- Sunday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs muggy 27
- Monday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs muggy 27