Thursday, July 26th 6:45am... An area high pressure located in the western Atlantic Ocean is slowly drifting eastward. This feature has been responsible for the persistent SW flow of sunny, hot, humid air across the Maritmes basically all week. A tough of low pressure has also been stalled in a north-south fashion across the eastern Great Lakes and has been giving cloud and significant rain fall across eastern Ontario and Quebec over the past number of days. This trough has been allowed to move eastward as the high in the ocean began to slide east, hence expecting some shower activity to spread across the island today. Unfortunately, this trough is weakening and the associated rain is drying up. The trough swings overnight tonight allowing for some clearing skies on Friday. Another frontal trough begins to approach from the west Friday night slowly crossing the region over the weekend with more cloud and showers. High pressure returns for Monday and Tuesday with sunshine but a warm front approaching late Tuesday should allow skies to cloud over with some showers by Wednesday.
Precipitation.. The showers have moved into NB now and will spread across the island later this morning but the area of showers is becoming smaller. There could be some isolated heavier downpours which could give local heavier amounts (15-20mms) but overall looking at 5-10 mms with the showers ending by tomorrow morning. Showers return on Saturday, but again not expecting much at this point. Monday and Tuesday looking dry. Showers on Wednesday.
Temperatures.. No real cooler air around. Some days slightly cooler than others due cloud cover and showers. Humidity stays elevated right through middle of next week. The warm and muggies continue…
Wind.. The persistent SW flow continues…
Thunderstorms.. Risk of storms today/tonight and again on Sunday. Some could bring local heavy downpours.
Hazards.. Elevated heat and humidity values for the period. Chance of lightning today/tonight.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings remain in place across the Maritimes.
- Today.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Tonight.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, lows 21
- Tomorrow.. Showers ending early then clearing, light SW winds, highs 27
- Saturday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 27
- Sunday.. Cloudy with showers ending, light SW-W winds, highs 26
- Monday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 25
- Tuesday.. Sunny, increasing clouds, light SW winds, highs 28
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28