Sunday, July 29th 7:15am.. A frontal system oriented NE-SW is currently draped through NB and is slowly drifting east. Cloud showers/thundershowers will accompany this system today across PEI as it moves through. High pressure will build in overnight bringing dryer air to the island for tomorrow and Tuesday. Looks like a repeat of last weeks weather with the Bermuda high strengthening. This will prevent the regular movement of systems eastward across eastern Canada. A moist humid warm tropical feed of moisture will set-up once again sending tropical moisture northward into Ontario/Quebec/Maritimes. Various pieces of energy will move northward from the southern states enhancing any shower activity. So it looks like another period of hot humid conditions across the region next week.
Precipitation.. A large area of rain in currently approaching Queens/Kings county from NS. There is some heavier downpours associated. Showers at times heavy will continue today ending overnight tonight across PEI..Rainfall amounts in the 5-10 mm range but locally 15-20 in heavier downpours. Next week looking fairly dry with most of the organized rain through the eastern Great Lakes but can’t rule out isolated afternoon showers. Looks like some of that band of showers that that is stuck in eastern Ontario may begin to work into the Maritimes for Thursday/Friday.
Temperatures.. A little cooler today due cloud cover and rain. Warm/hot/humid conditions continue all next week.
Wind.. Persistent light-brisk SW flow continues all next week.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of storms today/this evening. Actually can hear rumbles of thunder now here in the New Haven area from storms in northern NS.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain today which could be heavy at times.. Chance of lightning today. The heat and humidity continues.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warning remains in place across PEI..
- Today.. Cloudy with showers at time heavy, chance of thundershowers, light SW wind, highs 24
- Tonight.. Showers/thundershowers ending overnight, light SW winds, lows 17
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 26
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Wednesday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Thursday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Friday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light west winds, highs 28
- Saturday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light West winds, highs 27