Friday, August 3rd 6:45am.. A strong are of high pressure remains anchored off the southeastern US, meanwhile a weakening trough of low pressure oriented NE-SW located across northwestern NB will slowly move eastward today to lie across PEI by late afternoon. An area of low pressure will move NE along this trough of low pressure over the weekend bringing enhanced risk of showers/thundershowers for the Maritimes. Weak high pressure in place for the beginning of next week with a mixture of sun and cloud. for MOnday and Tuesday. Another area of low pressure is expected to move NE along the St Lawrence River Valley on Wednesday and Thursday with some cloud and showers spreading across the region. Overall, not really much change in the weather..The Bermuda high continues to keep the storm track to the west forcing the weather across western NB through Gaspe regions. this storm track will on occasion drift eastward across the island but in a weakened state. So basically warm muggy weather continues with occasional periods of clouds and showers.
Precipitation.. Chance of showers this weekend then again mid week.
Temperatures… Warm and muggy conditions continue although this weekend could be slightly cooler due cloud cover.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds continue for the next week-10 days..
Thunderstorms.. Slight risk of storms this weekend..
Hazards.. Elevated heat and humidity values for extended outdoor activities.. Wet driving conditions in any showers this weekend with a slight risk of lightning.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings remain in place for the Maritimes.
- Today.. Sun and cloud, light SW winds, highs 29
- Tonight.. Cloudy, very light SW winds, lows 20
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy, chance of a shower, light SW winds, highs 25
- Sunday.. Cloudy, chance of a shower, light SW winds, highs 25
- Monday.. Sun and cloud, light SW winds, highs 30
- Tuesday.. Cloudy, light SW winds, highs 30
- Wednesday.. Cloudy, light-brisk SW winds, highs 30
- Thursday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Friday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 30