Sunday, August 5th 8:45am.. A trough of low pressure oriented NE-SW is currently across central PEI and will drift eastward over the course of this morning. Cloud and showers/thundershowers are accompanying this feature. Skies will begin to clear this afternoon as weak high pressure builds in. This feature will give sunshine and hot temperatures t the region tomorrow. Cloud rolls back on later tomorrow night as a frontal system approaches from the west but limited moisture should keep the showers from developing. The frontal system stalls out in a NE-SW fashion across the Maritimes for the Tuesday through Thursday time frame. A disturbance will then ride the frontal boundary bringing an enhanced risk of showers/thundershowers to the island on Wednesday and again on Thursday. This mess finally gets shoved east allowing cooler fresher high pressure to build in for Friday/weekend.
Precipitation… Few lingering showers this morning. dry this afternoon through tomorrow evening. Showers possible tomorrow night then again on Wednesday and Thursday.
Temperatures.. A little cooler today due light northerly winds. The heat returns tomorrow and Tuesday. Cooler again on Wednesday and Thursday due cloud cover but the humidity remains high. Friday and Saturday looking fantastic as cooler and much less humid air spreads across the island. The heat starts to build again on Sunday.
Wind.. Light north winds today behind the frontal trough. Light-brisk SW winds return for tomorrow through Friday.
Thunderstorms.. Slight risk this morning for eastern PEI.
Hazards.. wet driving conditions in any showers. Risk of lightning down east this morning. Hot temperatures return tomorrow.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy morning with chance of showers, clearing… light north winds, highs 24
- Tonight.. Clear, calm winds, lows 17
- Tomorrow.. Sunny becoming coudy late with possible showers, light SW winds, highs 30
- Tuesday.. Morning showers then sun and cloud, light-brisk SW winds, highs 30
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Thursday.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk NW winds, highs 25
- Friday.. Sunny, light W-NW winds, highs 22
- Saturday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 24
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 27