Monday, August 06th 8:30am.. Well that was a bit more than a few left over showers yesterday morning. An area of heavy rain moved across central and eastern PEI yesterday morning all associated with a slow moving trough pf low pressure. This trough is now located from the Gulf across Cape Breton towards Sable Island. Skies cleared late yesterday as this system moved east of PEI. Sunshine and hot temps are expected today but clouds move into this evening as an upper air disturbance approaches with a few showers/thundershowers expected overnight. Sunshine again tomorrow but a cold front approaching from the west is expected to spread more cloud and showers/thundershowers across the island later tomorrow. This front then stalls over the Maritimes through Friday with unsettled conditions. A large area of high pressure then builds in for the weekend and conditions into early next week with sunshine, seasonal temperatures and low humidities..
Precipitation.. Several bands of showers expected over the next few days.. The first is overnight tonight, second is tomorrow night, then showers expected Wednesday through early Friday.
Temperatures.. Hot and muggy today and tomorrow possibly the hottest couple days of the year. Cooler sir for Wednesday and Thursday due cloud cover. Normal fresher air spreads across the region on Friday. So an end in sight to this heat and humidity.
Wind..Light-brisk SW flow continues with a few temporary shifts to the NW with the passage of a couple of weak systems. Wednesday evening, Thursday evening and again Friday evening.
Thunderstorms.. Risk of storms tonight, tomorrow night then Wednesday and Thursday.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain showers tonight, tomorrow night and Wednesday/Thursday. Hot and humid conditions today and tomorrow.. Stay hydrated…
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings remain in effect for all of PEI..
- Today.. Sunny, becoming cloudy towards evening, light SW winds, highs 31
- Tonight.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light SW winds, lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Clearing early then becoming cloudy again late with showers developing, light SW winds, highs 31
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with showers late, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs
- Thursday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk W-NW winds, highs 21
- Friday.. Clearing, light-brisk NW winds, highs 25
- Saturday.. Sunny, light and variable winds, highs 23
- Sunday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Monday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 29