Wednesday, August 8th 6:40am.. Showers and thundershowers developed across the region yesterday as a cold front approached from the NW. This front stalled as it crossed NS and is now oriented NE-SW along the spice of the Province from Cape Breton down through Yarmouth. This front will continues to be the focus of cloud and a few showers/thundershowers but not as intense as yesterday’s activity. An area of low pressure will in the Great Lakes will begin to ripple NE along the frontal boundary moving into NB tomorrow afternoon. This system will being more organized rainfall across the island. Again, looking at some embedded thundershowers which could enhance any rainfall. An upper air disturbance then moves across the northern NB and into the Gulf on Friday bringing more cloud and showers/thundershowers. Clearing skies later Friday as a large area of high pressure begins to build in from the west. This feature will finally bring an end to the elevated humidity vales that have plagued the region over the past couple weeks.
Precipitation... Showers at times heavy redevelop later tomorrow and persist through Friday. Hard to give amounts due to the localized heavier showers but generally in the 15-20 mm range though Friday with locally 30-40mms. So basically cloudy but dry today followed by a wet Thursday and Frida.. Dry conditions then expected late Friday through early next week.
Temperatures.. Will be cooler over the next couple days due cloud cover but humidex values will still be elevated. A change in the air expected on Friday as dryer fresher air invades the region although temps are still expected to be near normal.
Wind.. Light westerlies today shifting back to light-brisk southerlies for tomorrow into early Friday then another shift back to the NW later Friday. Light NW winds continue into Saturday shifting to SW for Sunday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of storms tomorrow afternoon through Friday.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain later tomorrow through Friday. Risk of lightning as well. Elevated hunidex values today through Friday.
Watches/warnings.. Heat warnings remain in place for all of PEI.
- Today.. Generally cloudy with some sunny periods. Best chance for some sun will be up west. Light west winds, highs 25
- Tonight.. Cloudy, light west winds, lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with showers, chance of thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 24
- Friday.. Cloudy with showers, chance of thundershowers clearing later In the day, light-brisk SW winds shifting to NW, highs 26
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 21
- Sunday.. Cloudy, light SW winds, highs 25
- Monday.. Sunny, light north winds, highs 22
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light SE winds, highs 25