Thursday, August 9th 6:45am.. A low pressure system currently in New England will intensify today as it tracks NE. This system is expected to track into northern NB this evening then across the northern Gulf overnight tonight. The associated cold front will then sweep across the Maritimes near noon tomorrow. Rain at times heavy and potential thunderstorms will accompany this system with cooler, much less humid air invading the region behind the cold front. There is a chance of afternoon cloud build-ups later Friday and Saturday which could give local showers. High pressure builds on for the weekend promising sunny dry though Tuesday. Clouds will be on the increase on Wednesday as a trough of low pressure approaches from New England. So a wet 24-36 hours followed by fantastic looking weekend. Your welcome !!
Precipitation.. Rain at times heavy ending tomorrow mid morning giving 20-30 mms locally higher amounts in the heaviest showers. Chance of showers developing Friday afternoon in the cooler air. Dry conditions then expected late Friday through Tuesday maybe even into Wednesday.
Temperatures.. Cooler today due cloud cover. Cooler conditions expected behind the cold front for Friday and Saturday. Temps then begin to warm up again for Sunday and continue through next week. Saturday will be the coolest day we have had in quite some time.
Wind..Increasing southerly winds today becoming brisk overnight tonight. Winds slowing veering to SW then westerly tomorrow morning with the passage of the cold front. Light NW winds on Saturday backing to very light-light westerly on Sunday. Winds continue to back around to SW on Monday then continue all next week.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of storms later today which will continue all night ending with the passage of the cold front tomorrow morning.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain. Potential for heavy down pours giving a risk of street/ditch flooding. Chance of lightning.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Overcast with showers becoming periods of rain at times heavy later this afternoon. Chance of thundershowers. increasing south winds, highs 24
- Tonight.. Showers at times heavy, chance of thundershowers, brisk S-SW winds, lows 19
- Tomorrow.. Morning showers/thundershowers then partial clearing. Chance of local afternoon showers, light-brisk W-NW winds by afternoon, highs 24
- Saturday.. Sun and cloud. Chance of afternoon cloud build-ups giving local showers, light NW winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 24
- Monday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 27
- Tuesday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 27
- Wednesday.. Increasing clouds chance of late day showers, light SW winds, highs 27