Sunday, August 12th 8:45am.. An area of high pressure is currently crossing the Maritimes and is expected to remain in place just though Monday and early Tuesday. A low pressure system off Cape Cod is responsible for the cloud right now but any associated precipitation is expected to remain south of NS. The pattern then becomes quite wet as the storm track then shifts over eastern Canada allowing for a series of disturbances to track across the Maritimes late Tuesday through next weekend giving cloud and showers.
Precipitation.. Chance of showers begins later Tuesday with increasing chances for Wednesday into Thursday. Between systems on Friday then a significant rain event possible on Saturday. The extra long range continues to show a wet pattern into the following week.
Temperatures.. Slightly above normal today through Wednesday then cooler below normal temps spread across the region on Thursday.
Wind.. Light SW flow today through Wednesday becoming northerly on Thursday hence the lower temperatures.
Thunderstorms.. Next chance appears to be Tuesday and Wednesday.
Hazards.. Fairly quiet next couple days..
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Filtered sunshine/high cloudiness, light SW wind,s highs 26
- Tonight.. Clearing after midnight, calm winds, lows 17
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 27
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 26
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 26
- Thursday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light NW winds, highs 19
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, light north winds, highs 20
- Saturday… Rain, brisk NE winds, highs 17
- Sunday.. Sunny, north winds, highs 20