Monday, August 20th 8:00am.. A NE-SW ridge of high pressure currently stretches from Newfoundland across the Maritmes and into New England. This feature is giving generally clear skies and light winds to the region. The ridge will slowly drift off to the NE over the next couple days. Clouds will begin to roll in on Wednesday as a cold front approaches from Quebec with showers developing later in the day. The front sweeps across the island Thursday morning with the showers ending soon after. Sunshine returns later Thursday as a large area of high pressure dominates the region from Friday through Sunday. Clouds roll back in on Monday with showers as another cold front approaches. Smoke from forest fires in western Canada has drifted all the way to the Maritimes now and can be seen as a whitish layer aloft and will make for some colorful sunrises/sunsets.
Precipitation.. Dry next couple days.. Showers expected from Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. These showers could be locally heavy especially up west with storms coming off NB. . Dry Thursday afternoon through Monday morning. Showers later Monday.
Temperatures.. At or above normal for this period. Next weekend looking warm.
Wind.. Very light SE winds expected today and tomorrow. Light-brisk southerlies on Wednesday shifting to westerly on Thursday with the cold frontal passage.
Thunderstorms.. Next chance appears to be on Wednesday. Storms could be locally strong especially up west with storms coming off NB.
Hazards.. Quiet next couple days..
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny, very light SE winds, highs 23
- Tonight.. Generally clear, fog patches developing after sunset, calm winds, lows 12
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, very light SE winds, highs 24
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with showers/thundershowers developing in the afternoon, light-brisk south winds, highs 24
- Thursday.. Morning cloud and showers, clearing, light West winds, highs 22
- Friday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 23
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 27
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 25
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers, 26