Wednesday, August 22nd 8:40am.. The area of high pressure which gave the sunshine past couple days has drifted away to the east. Clouds are now beginning to roll in ahead of a low pressure system approaching from the west. This system is currently tracking through the Ottawa/Montreal area and is expected to move NE into Labrador tonight. A cold front extending southward from the low will sweep across the island after midnight tonight with am area of showers. Skies will clear during the day tomorrow as an area of high pressure approaches. this feature should dominate the island weather through the weekend with sunshine and warm conditions. Clouds thicken up on Monday as a cold front approaches from the west. Sunshine returns on Tuesday with high pressure. Another band of cloud and showers for later Wednesday.
Precipitation.. An odd shower may develop this afternoon but the main band of showers moves across the island during the overnight hours tonight giving 5 mms. Showers end before dawn tomorrow then dry though Sunday as high pressure dominates. Showers on Monday, dry on Tuesday more showers on Wednesday.
Temperatures.. The warm above normal temps continues for a few more days. A one-day cool down on Tuesday, warm again on Wednesday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SE winds today shifting to SW for tomorrow behind the cold front. These SW winds then continue for the remainder of the week finally shifting to the North Monday night behind the cold front.
Thunderstorms.. Slight chance of a rumble this evening/tonight.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in rain today/tonight.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SE winds, highs 23
- Tonight.. Cloudy with showers ending before dawn, light-brisk South winds, lows 20
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy early then partial clearing, light-brisk SW winds, highs 22
- Friday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 25
- Saturday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 27
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 24
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers developing, SW-W winds, highs 25
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, north winds, highs 17
- Wednesday.. Showers, brisk SW winds, highs 23