Thursday, August 23rd 7:50am.. A cold front swept across the island during the overnight hours bringing cloud and showers. This front is now located in an north-south line over Kings county and continues to move slowly eastward. Skies will slowly clear today as an area of high pressure currently located south if the Great Lakes approaches. This feature will actually slide by to the south of the Maritimes early on Saturday but will continue to dominate the region through Sunday with sunshine and light winds. Clouds will develop on Monday as another cold front approaches with some showers/thundershowers developing through the afternoon. Conditions remain unsettled for Tuesday and Wednesday as a couple of more system move through. Sunshine expected for Thursday and Friday with high pressure in control.
Precipitation.. Dry next few days… Showers expected Monday afternoon through Wednesday evening.
Temperatures.. Above normal today through Monday then a bit of a roller coaster as various systems move through. One day cool-down for Tuesday, back to warmth for Wednesday then another coll down for Thursday and Friday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW-W winds today diminishing to light this evening. Light-brisk SW winds then expected tomorrow through Tuesday.
Thunderstorms.. Next chance appears to be on Monday afternoon/evening.
Summerside Air Show.. Conditions are looking fantastic for both days with sunshine, light-brisk SW winds and afternoon temps near 25. Looks like the high show !!!!
Hazards.. Quiet next few days..
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Clearing, diminishing SW-W winds, highs 24
- Tonight.. Clear, light SW winds, lows 13
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Saturday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Sunday.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Monday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 19
- Wednesday.. Showers, brisk SW winds, highs 27
- Thursday.. Cloudy, north winds, highs 19