Saturday, August 25th 7:40am... Forest fire smoke from fires in western Canada will continue to linger n the upper atmosphere across the Maritimes today but doesn’t appear as thick as yesterday. An area of high pressure centered south of NS continues to move east today but should give a couple more days of dry weather although clouds are expected tomorrow associated with a warm front approaching from the west with some showers expected on Monday. Unsettled weather continues into Tuesday and Wednesday with cloud showers/thundershowers. Showers become more organized later Wednesday as a strong cold front approaches from the west.The front will sweep across the island near midnight Wednesday night which will bring an end to the warm muggy weather of late. Much cooler air then invades the region on Thursday as high pressure approaches. This feature then dominates the region through Tuesday.
Precipitation... Chance of showers associated with the warm front on Wednesday. Chance of showers continues through Tuesday and Wednesday. Some of these could be strong. A band of organized showers moves through Wednesday nigh into early Thursday associated with the cold front. A prolonged period of dry weather later Thursday through early the following week.
Temperatures… Warm and humid today through Wednesday.. Cooler dryer air invades for Thursday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today through Wednesday night shifting to NW behind the cold front before dawn on Thursday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of storms on Tuesday and Wednesday. Some of these storms could be strong especially up west with storms coming off NB.
Summerside Airshow… Continues to look good.. Sunshine today, more cloud tomorrow but should not interfere with flight operations. Light-brisk SW winds both days should mean RWY 24 will be used. Departures will see aircraft taking off over the #2 highway with landing aircraft approaching from over Malpeque Bay. Afternoon temps near 26 today, a bit cooler tomorrow due cloud cover.
Hazards.. Fairly quiet next couple days.
Watches/warnings.. Special weather statement remains in effect today regarding the wild fire smoke in the atmosphere.
- Today.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Tonight.. Mainly clear, light SW winds, lows 16
- Tomorrow.. High cloudiness, light-brisk SW wind,s highs 24
- Monday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 24
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 28
- Wednesday..Sun and cloud, chance of showers. Better chance of showers near midnight, light-brisk SW winds, highs 30
- Thursday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 19
- Friday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 17
- Saturday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 22
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 24