Sunday, August 26th 8:00am.. High cloudiness has spread across the island in advance of a warm front which is approaching from the SW. The front will mark the leading edge of another round of warm muggy air which will last through Wednesday. Some upper air disturbances will move through as well over the next couple days resulting in mainly cloudy skies with chances of showers/thundershowers. A strong cold front will sweep across the island early Thursday marking the end of the heat and humidity. Cloud, showers and thundershowers will accompany the frontal passage. High pressure then dominates the region Friday through Sunday with sunshine.
Precipitation.. Can’t rule out a showers few showers tomorrow, Tuesday and Wednesday. A better chance of showers Thursday morning associated with the cold front. Dry later Thursday through Monday.
Temperatures.. Warm and muggy conditions expected today through Wednesday. Slightly below normal Thursday through Saturday. Back to normal on Sunday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds, today through Wednesday shifting to Northerly on Thursday morning an continues on Friday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of a rumble Monday through Thursday morning.
Hazards.. Quiet next few days with a slight chance of a shower beginning tomorrow.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy, light-brisk SW winds, highs 23
- Tonight.. Cloudy, light SW winds, lows 17
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy chance of a shower, light-brisk SW wind, highs 25
- Tuesday.. Cloudy chance of a shower, light-brisk SW wind, highs 29
- Wednesday.. Cloudy chance of a shower, light-brisk SW wind, highs 28
- Thursday.. Cloudy, morning showers, winds shifting to the north in the morning, 18
- Friday.. Sunny, light north winds, highs 18
- Saturday.. Sunny, very light and variable winds, highs 19
- Sunday.. Sunny, light south winds, highs 22
- Monday.. Sunny, light south winds, highs 24