Monday, August 27th 8:30am.. A weak area of low pressure passing SE of NS today is giving clouds and a few showers to the region this morning. Unsettled weather will continues over the next few days as some upper air energy passes through. Watching a thunderstorm complex currently in the lower Great Lakes which will move across the region early tomorrow morning but hard to determine how much activity will be left by the time it gets here. A strong cold front will be approaching from the west Wednesday evening and is expected to sweep across the island near dawn Thursday morning with cloud and few showers/thundershowers. This frontal passage marks the end if the warm and humid air with cooler more seasonal air invading on Thursday. A large area of high pressure will then build in for Friday through Sunday with sunshine. Cloud and showers on Monday with the passage of another frontal system.
Precipitation.. Few showers this morning. Chance of showers again tomorrow depending on whats left of that thunderstorm complex. Showers begin Wednesday evening as the front approaches ending just after dawn on Thursday morning. Some of these storms could be strong so chance of heavy down pours.
Temperatures.. Warm and muggy conditions expected today through Wednesday. Cooler slightly below normal conditions for Thursday through Saturday then another warm-up begin on Monday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today through Wednesday evening shifting to NW on Thursday morning then NE on Friday.
Thunderstorms.. Slight chance today and tomorrow. Better chance on Wednesday which cloud be strong giving heavy downpours.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any showers today and tomorrow.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 24
- Tonight.. Few clouds, light SW winds, lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Wednesday.. Sunny start becoming cloudy with showers/thundershowers developing, light-brisk SW winds, highs 30
- Thursday.. Morning showers, clearing, winds shifting to light-brisk NW, temps steady near 19
- Friday.. Sunny, pop-up clouds, light-brisk NE winds, highs 19
- Saturday.. Sunny, light SE winds, highs 19
- Sunday.. Sunny, light SE winds, highs 22
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers late, light south winds, highs 26