Tuesday. August 28th 8:00am.. Sunshine and warm/humid conditions will prevail across PEI today under high pressure. Smoke from forest fires in western Canada continues to linger in the mid/upper atmosphere giving the sky a milky white appearance by day and red sunrises/sunsets. Clouds and showers will roll in tonight as a weak cold front approaches and crosses the island. A second stronger cold front will sweep across the island on Thursday with cloud showers/thundershowers. This front will also usher in cooler more seasonal air for the weekend as high pressure dominates the area. Cloud and showers return on Monday as a cold front approaches from the NW.
Precipitation.. Chance of showers tonight then again Thursday morning/afternoon. Some of these showers could be heavy. Showers again Monday and Tuesday.
Temperatures.. Warm and muggy today turning bit cooler tomorrow behind the first cold front then warm again on Thursday cooling off again Thursday night behind the second cold front. Seasonal temps then expected through the weekend and into next week.
Winds.. Increasing SW winds today shifting to NW tonight behind the first cold front. Winds back to the SW late tomorrow night into early Thursday then shift once again to the NW-N behind the second cold front Thursday afternoon/evening. Light northerly winds continue on Friday shifting to SE on Saturday then southerly on Sunday and Monday.
Hazards.. Chance of showers tonight then again Thursday morning/afternoon. Some of these showers could be heavy. Slight Risk of lightning tonight and again on Thursday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny start becoming cloudy with chance of showers late, increasing SW winds, highs 27
- Tonight.. Cloudy with chance of chance of showers, brisk SW winds shifting to NW near dawn tomorrow, lows 20
- Tomorrow.. Morning showers then clearing, light-brisk NW winds, highs 22
- Tomorrow night.. Few clouds, light SW winds, lows 18
- Thursday.. Cloudy with showers, SW winds, shifting to NW-N late afternoon, highs 27
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, light north winds, highs 20
- Saturday.. Sunny, light SE winds, highs 20
- Sunday.. Sunny, light south winds, highs 23
- Monday.. Cloudy with showers, light SW winds, highs 24