Saturday, September 1st 9:00am… A ridge of high pressure currently extending from Newfoundland to New England is resulting in clear skies and light winds across PEI. This feature will drift eastward today then stall just off shore NS tomorrow. A southerly flow will setup on the west side of the ridge allowing for warmer and more humid air to once again surge north along the eastern seaboard of the US. Clouds will begin to spread across the island later on Monday as a weak cold front slowly droops south out of Labrador. This front should move south of the island near noon on Tuesday allowing temps to fall back slightly to normal values. High pressure crosses on Wednesday with sunshine then a low pressure system will track eastward out of Ontario crossing Gaspe Bay early Thursday morning. This feature, along with it’s associated cold front will bring some cloud and showers to the island. A large area of high pressure is then expected to dominate the region for Friday through Sunday with sunshine and seasonal temperatures.
Precipitation.. Dry weekend. Chance of showers later Monday into early Tuesday associated with the weak cold front. Dry on Wednesday. Rain overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning then dry Friday through Sunday.
Temperatures.. Seasonal today, Above normal tomorrow through Monday. Tuesday morning starts out warm then cools down behind that cold front. At or slightly below normal begins on Wednesday.
Wind.. Very light SE winds today becoming light SW tomorrow and Monday. Winds shifting to W-NW on Tuesday as the front slips south then drop off to calm on Wednesday afternoon as the high pressure area crests over the island. Brisk SW winds expectd on Thursday.
Hazards.. Quiet next few days..
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI next few days..
- Today.. Sunny, light SE winds, highs 22
- Tonight.. Clear, calm winds, lows 15
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 24
- Monday.. Sunny start becoming cloud with possible showers late, light SW winds, highs 26
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with morning showers becoming sunny, light SW winds shifting to W-NW, highs 24 near noon then falling slowly.
- Wednesday.. Sunny becoming cloudy with possible showers late, winds dropping off to calm in the afternoon, highs 21
- Thursday.. Morning cloud and showers, clearing later, brisk SW winds, shifting to northerly, highs 20
- Friday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 17
- Saturday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 17
- Sunday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 19