Sunday, Sept 2nd 10:00am.. An east-west ridge of high pressure located along southern NS continues to give sunshine to the island today. A weak weather disturbance will then cross the region later tonight with some cloud and isolated shower. A cold front approaching from the west will give more in the way of organized cloud and showers as it crosses the island Monday night into early Tuesday morning. High pressure then returns for Tuesday afternoon through Wednesday but another cold front will be approaching Wednesday night with cloud and showers/thundershowers. Skies clear Thursday evening as the front moves further SE and high pressure builds in. Sunshine continues for Friday and Saturday with high pressure in control. Clouds thicken up on Sunday as a frontal system approaches with some rain by Sunday evening.
Precipitation.. Showers beginning tomorrow afternoon ending Tuesday afternoon. Showers Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon. Rain begins Sunday night.
Temperatures.. At or above normal today through Thursday. Slightly below normal Friday through Sunday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today and tomorrow shifting to near dawn Tuesday morning and continue into Wednesday. Winds shift briefly to SW Thursday morning then back to NW Thursday afternoon. Light NW winds then continue Friday and Saturday.
Thunderstorms.. Very slight chance tomorrow night into Tuesday morning.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any rain tonight then again tomorrow night into Tuesday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 24
- Tonight.. Cloudy periods with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk SW winds, highs 26
- Tuesday.. Cloudy with showers ending near noon then clearing, light-brisk NW winds, highs 21
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, very light north winds, highs 21
- Thursday.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk NW winds, highs 20
- Friday.. Sunny, light north winds, highs 18
- Saturday.. Sunny, light north winds, highs 18
- Sunday.. Clouding over, rain late, SW winds, highs 17