Monday, September 3rd 8:20am.. Clouds and a few showers have invaded the region overnight ahead of a warm front approaching from the west which should pass across the island near noon today. Some sunshine along with warm and muggy conditions will remain across the island for the remainder of the day. The associated cold front will then follow quickly behind sweeping through the island between 9am and noon. Cloud and showers will accompany this frontal passage as well. High pressure builds in later Tuesday behind the front cresting over the island near noon on Wednesday. Clouds will once again be on the increase Thursday morning as another cold front approaches with showers developing by noon. High pressure then dominates Friday through Sunday with sunshine. Cloud and rain returns on Monday with low pressure crossing the region.
Precipitation… Slight chance of a shower with the warm front this afternoon especially up west. Showers associated with the cold front begin after midnight tonight ending mid morning tomorrow giving about 5 mms. Dry on Wednesday then showers again Thursday with the second cold front. Dry for Friday through Sunday. Rain on Monday.
Temperatures.. Warm and muggy today. Temps remain slightly above normal for tomorrow through Thursday. Slightly below normal for Friday through Sunday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today and tonight shifting to NW tomorrow morning with the cold frontal passage. Diminishing northerly winds becoming calm by tomorrow night then shifting to light southerly for Wednesday. Winds then increasing to brisk SW for Wednesday night shifting once again to NW Thursday afternoon. Light NW-N winds then expected for Friday and Saturday. Calm/very light winds on Sunday.
Thunderstorms.. None expected..
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in showers tomorrow and again on Thursday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy morning, some sunshine this afternoon, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Tonight.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds, lows 19
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with morning showers then clearing, light NW winds, highs 21
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, increasing SW winds, highs 23
- Thursday.. Cloud and showers, SW winds shifting to NW, highs 21 by noon then falling with the wind shift.
- Friday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 19
- Saturday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 16
- Sunday.. Sunny, very light NW winds, highs 18
- Monday.. Rain, brisk SE winds, highs 17