Tuesday, September 4th 8:30am.. Cloud and showers/thundershowers moved across the island overnight associated with a cold front. This front now lies in on a NE-SW fashion across eastern PEI/Cape Breton and continues to move away. Skies will clear form the west as an area of high pressure builds in. High clouds giving filtered sunshine prevail tomorrow with the passage of a warm front then yet another cold front sweeps eastward across the island on Thursday with some associated showers. Temps will turn noticeable cooler as well behind this frontal passage for Friday through Sunday with high pressure dominating. Sunny but coolish weekend. Clouds will be on the increase on Monday as the remnants of tropical storm “Gorden move through with rain at times heavy developing by Sunday evening.
Precipitation.. Showers moved across the island overnight with the passage of a cold front. This front is now just east of the island. Showers expected again Thursday afternoon with the passage of another cold front. Dry weekend although can’t rule out an isolated afternoon sun shower all three days then heavy rain possible beginning Monday afternoon from the remnants of “Gorden”.
Temperatures.. At or slightly above normal today through Thursday. Slightly below normal Friday through Sunday. Back to normal for Monday and Tuesday.
Wind.. Light-brisk NW winds today diminishing to calm overnight. Very light SE winds, tomorrow increasing to brisk SW on Thursday morning shifting to NW Thursday afternoon. Light-brisk NW winds, continue for Friday and Saturday diminishing to light on Sunday. Light-brisk southerlies for Monday and Tuesday.
Hazards.. Roads still wet from overnight rain otherwise quiet through Thursday morning.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Cloudy morning, clearing. Light-brisk NW winds, highs 21
- Tonight.. Clear, fog patches developing after sunset, NW winds diminishing to calm, lows 13
- Tomorrow.. High cloudiness, filtered sunshine, very light SE winds, highs 23
- Thursday.. Cloudy with showers through the afternoon, brisk SW winds shifting to NW, highs 24 before lunch then falling with the wind shift in the afternoon.
- Friday.. Sunny, Scattered cloud developing very slight chance of an isolated afternoon sun shower, light-brisk NW winds, highs 18
- Saturday.. Sunny, Scattered cloud developing very slight chance of an isolated afternoon sun shower, light-brisk NW winds, highs15
- Sunday.. Sunny, Scattered cloud developing very slight chance of an isolated afternoon sun shower, light NW winds, highs 15
- Monday.. Rain developing.. 19
- Tuesday.. Rain ending, 23