Sunday, September 9th 8:30am… An area of high pressure centered in central Quebec this morning continues to dominate the weather across the Maritimes through tomorrow as it slowly drifts SE cresting over the island tomorrow morning. Clouds will be on the increase later tomorrow as the remnants of tropical system”Gorden” approach with rain developing near noon on Tuesday. Gorden will bring rain at times heavy across the island as it moves through. High pressure will then build back in over the Maritimes later Wednesday and remain stationary over the region into the weekend. This strong area of high pressure will force Hurricane Florence to impact the US mid Atlantic coast near the NC/SC border Thursday night.
Precipitation.. Chance of an isolated showers today. Dry tomorrow. Rain at times heavy begins near noon on Tuesday ending near noon on Wednesday. At this time looks like 20-40 mms possible.
Temperatures.. Remaining a bit cool today with tonight being the coldest night of the season. Temps will bring to moderate a bit tomorrow as winds shifts back to the SE. At or above normal temps then expected Tuesday through next weekend.
Wind.. Very NW winds today becoming calm tonight and remaining very light for tomorrow. Light SE winds develop ;ate tomorrow increasing to light-brisk SE by Tuesday evening. Light northerlies on Wednesday. Calm-very light winds on Thursday and Friday with high pressure overhead.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of a rumble on Tuesday.
Hazards.. Very slight chance of a shower today otherwise quiet through Monday. Heavy rain expected on Tuesday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sun and cloud, slight chance of a shower, light NW winds, highs 16
- Tonight.. Clear, fog patches developing after sunset, calm winds, lows 8 but lower in low lying areas and valleys.
- Tomorrow.. Sunny with increasing high clouds late in the day, very light and variable winds becoming light SE late in the day, highs 18
- Tuesday.. Rain at times heavy beginning near noon, light-brisk SE winds, highs 20
- Wednesday.. Showers ending neat noon then clearing, light NW winds, highs 20
- Thursday.. Sun and cloud, very light and variable winds, highs 22
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, very light and variable winds, highs 24
- Saturday.. Sun and cloud, light SW winds, highs 25
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, light SW winds, highs 25