Monday, September 10 8:45am.. An area of high pressure centered in NB this morning gave clear skies, calm winds and cold temperatures to the island overnight. This feature will slide off to the east today. Clouds will begin to spread across the region later today as the remnants of Tropical system Gorden which is now effect the lower Great Lakes pushes into the Maritimes. This feature will bring significant rain to the island beginning tomorrow afternoon. Gorden also moves off to the east on Wednesday allowing for high pressure to rebuild in over the region and dominate the weather through Saturday. Chance of a cold front moving through on Sunday which cold bring some cloud and showers but the big picture remains Hurricane Florence and what she does after making landfall near the NC/SC border Thursday night.
Precipitation.. Rain should begin tomorrow afternoon ending Wednesday afternoon with significant amounts possible in the 20-40 mms. Dry conditions for Thursday through Saturday. Slight chance of a shower on Sunday.
Temperatures.. The core of the coolest air is over the region now. Temps will return to normal tomorrow then above normal Wednesday through Sunday.
Wind.. Calm or very light winds today becoming light SE this evening further increasing to light-brisk SE tomorrow then shifting to light northerly on Wednesday. Calm or very light winds on Thursday and Friday. Light SW winds for Saturday and Sunday.
Tropical systems.. As mentioned earlier… The remnants of Gorden will move across the Maritimes Tuesday afternoon/night bring significant rain. Hurricane Florence, now in the Tropical Atlantic continues to intensify and move WNW and is expected to impact the US coast near the NC/SC border Thursday night as a major hurricane. The storm is then expected to slow down and possibly linger over the NC for a few days with possible disastrous effects..
Hazards.. Hazardous driving conditions in Heavy rain beginning tomorrow afternoon.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Sunny, very light/calm winds becoming light SE later this afternoon, highs 19
- Tonight.. Increasing clouds, light SE winds, lows will occur in the evening near 12 then rise once clouds spread across the island.
- Tomorrow.. Overcast, rain beginning in the afternoon becoming heavy, light-brisk SE winds, highs 20
- Wednesday.. Morning showers, clearing, light NW winds, highs 22
- Thursday.. Sunny, very light and variable winds, highs 23
- Friday.. . Sunny, very light and variable winds, highs 24
- Saturday… Sunny, very light and variable winds, highs 25
- Sunday.. Cloudy periods and chance of a shower.. 25
- Monday.. ???