Friday, September 14th 7:20am.. An area of high pressure is centered across the Maritimes this morning and will linger over the region for today into tomorrow. Clouds will begin to spread across the island Saturday evening as a weak cold front approaches from the NW. The front dissipates on Sunday as high pressure briefly takes over but clouds will once again develop as another cold front approaches Sunday night with chance of showers. Cloud and showers continue through Monday as the front stalls over the region then continue in to Tuesday as the remnants of Tropical system Florence approach from the lower Great Lakes. Clearing skies through the day on Wednesday as high pressure builds in. Sunshine continues into Thursday followed by increasing clouds on Friday as a warm front approaches.
Precipitation.. Slight chance of a shower on Saturday night into Sunday morning. Better chance of showers begin Sunday night and continue through Monday. Rain at times heavy Monday night through Wednesday morning.
Temperatures.. At or above normal today through Wednesday. Cool down begin on Thursday.
Wind.. Calm/very light winds today. Light SW winds tomorrow shifting to NE Saturday night behind the cold front. Winds shift back to the SW for Monday and Tuesday. Brisk NW winds on Wednesday behind Florence.
Hazards.. Fairly quiet next couple days.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Sunny, very light/calm winds, highs 24
- Tonight.. Clear patchy fog developing after sunset, calm winds, lows 15
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, increasing clouds with slight chance of a showers late, light SW winds, highs 26
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, showers late, light north winds, highs 18
- Monday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 17
- Tuesday.. Rain heavy at times, brisk SW winds, highs 20
- Wednesday.. Rain ending early then clearing, brisk NW winds, highs 18
- Thursday.. Sunny, brisk NW winds, highs 12
- Friday.. Showers late, 13