Saturday, September 15th 9:00am.. An area of high pressure stretching from southern Newfoundland to the lower Great Lakes continues to dominate the weather across the island with generally clear skies, light winds and warm temperatures. This feature is also responsible for directing Hurricane Florence into NC then making her stall along the coast. This area of high pressure is expected to drift slowly southward allowing a cold front to drop down from the north tonight. This feature will give some cloud and isolated shower towards dawn tomorrow. The front will continue to move away and dissipate allowing high pressure to briefly re-establish itself over the island for the remainder of the day. That old cold front will actually begin to move northward again on Monday as a warm front with cloud and chance of showers. The remnants of Tropical system Florence will then begin to approach from the lower Great Lakes on Tuesday with cloud and rain. The exact track this system takes is still unclear but is should be fast moving so the effects wont last too long. Cool Canadian high pressure then moves in for late Wednesday and Thursday with some clear skies and the coolest air of the season. A warm front will cross the region on Friday with rain and windy conditions..
Precipitation.. Slight chance of a showers towards dawn tomorrow morning. Showers begin Monday evening and continue through Wednesday morning. Dry for later Wednesday and Thursday. Rain on Friday in to Saturday as both warm and cold front sweep Through.
Temperatures.. Remaining at or above normal today through Tuesday. Cool down behind Florence beginning on Wednesday. Maybe a brief one-day warm-up on Friday night/Saturday morning otherwise temps running below normal after Tuesday.
Wind.. Light SW winds today shifting to NW near dawn tomorrow with the cold frontal passage then back to the SW for Monday and Tuesday. Northerlies on Wednesday and Thursday behind Florence. Brisk southerlies develop on Friday.
Hazards.. Fairly quiet. Slight chance of a showers tomorrow morning.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today… Sunny, light SW winds, highs 26
- Tonight.. Becoming cloudy after midnight with slight chance of showers towards dawn, light SW winds lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Morning cloud and chance of showers, clearing, light NW winds, highs 21
- Monday.. Sun and cloud becoming cloudy with showers developing late, light-brisk SW winds, highs 24
- Tuesday.. Rain ( All depends on track of Florence), light-brisk SW winds, highs 21
- Wednesday.. Becoming sunny, light-brisk NW winds, highs 12
- Thursday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 12
- Friday.. Rain developing, Brisk SW winds, highs 14
- Saturday.. Rain, windy, highs 15
- Sunday.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 13