Monday, September 17th 7:45am.. An area of high pressure centered just south of NS this morning gave clear skies and calm winds to the island overnight. This feature will drift away to the south tonight, meanwhile a low pressure approaching from the west will spread clouds across the region today with showers developing later tonight. The system itself crosses the Gulf on Tuesday morning with its associated cold front sweeping across the island during the afternoon. This front will bring about a weather pattern change as the warm summer-like weather will come to an end and fall weather begins. The remnants of “Florence” are expected to pass just south of NS Tuesday night with with some enhances rain fall for there but not expecting much for the island. High pressure begins to build in behind the front cresting over the region Thursday night but the cool unstable air will make for cloudy periods and chance of showers. These conditions will also be ripe for cold-core funnels and waterspouts overt the waters surrounding PEI. The next weather system will be approaching Friday with rain developing as a strong autumn system passes to the NW. The coldest air of the season is then set to invade the Maritimes on Sunday.
Precipitation.. Showers tonight through tomorrow. Chance of showers on Wednesday and Thursday. Rain on Friday, Chance of showers over the weekend.
Temperatures.. The warmth continues today through tonight coming to an end tomorrow near noon with the cold frontal passage. Below normal then expected for the remainder of the period except for a brief warm-up with the system on Friday.
Wind.. Light-brisk SW winds today, tonight into early tomorrow shifting to northerly near noon tomorrow. Light-brisk NE winds Wednesday and Thursday shifting back to the SW on Friday. NW winds on Saturday.
Tropical Systems… The remnants of Florence will pass just south of NS Tuesday night with the bulk of any rain confined to southwestern NS.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in showers beginning tonight. Slight chance of waterspouts Thursday and Friday.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny, light-brisk SW winds, highs 25
- Tonight.. Becoming cloudy with chance of showers/thundershowers. Light-brisk SW winds, lows 18
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with showers, light-brisk SW winds shifting to northerly near noon, highs 22 then falling with the winds shift.
- Wednesday.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light-brisk NE winds, highs 12
- Thursday.. Cloudy periods and chance of showers, light-brisk NW winds, highs 14
- Friday.. Rain developing, brisk SW winds, highs 11 warming to 15 overnight
- Saturday.. Rain ending early then partial clearing, SW winds shifting to NW, highs 16
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers, 11