Sunday, September 23rd 9:00am.. An area of high pressure passing south of the Maritimes will continue to give sunshine and light NW winds to the island today. Clouds will invade later this afternoon with the approach of a cold front with a few showers expected this evening. Cool Canadian high pressure will then approach from the west and should crest over the island tomorrow night into Tuesday morning. Clouds will once again begin to invade the region Tuesday afternoon as the next weather system approaches with rain developing by dawn Wednesday. This will be an extensive system with possible rain at times heavy and a chance of a thundershowers. Rain should end Thursday afternoon as the system pulls away to the east. High pressure briefly builds in for Thursday night into early Friday with some clear skies but clouds quickly return with more showers expected by early Saturday.
Precipitation.. Chance of a few showers this evening. Dry for Monday and Tuesday. Rain Wednesday into Thursday afternoon giving 15-20 mms. Few showers Friday night. Dry on Saturday.
Temperatures.. Normal today, cool tomorrow and Tuesday then at or slightly above normal conditions beginning on Wednesday.
Wind.. Light SW winds developing today then shifting to light-brisk NW this evening behind the cold front and continue through the day tomorrow dropping off to calm Monday night into Tuesday morning. Increasing southerlies developing through the day on Tuesday becoming brisk by evening. Winds then shift to the north Thursday afternoon. Light and variable winds on Friday and Saturday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of a few rumbles later Wednesday into Thursday.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in any showers this evening then with the rain on Wednesday/Thursday. Looks like a possible widespread frost Monday night/Tuesday morning.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today. Sunny, light SW winds, highs 17
- Tonight.. Cloudy this evening with chance of showers, clearing after midnight, light-brisk NW winds, lows 5
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, light-brisk NW winds dropping off to calm by evening giving frost , highs 10
- Tuesday.. Frosty Sunny start, increasing high clouds late, Calm winds to start then increasing southerlies, highs 14
- Wednesday.. Rain, brisk-strong south winds, highs 20
- Thursday.. Rain ending during the afternoon, southerly winds shifting to northerlies, highs 16
- Friday.. Sun and cloud, showers late, light east winds, highs 16
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 18
- Sunday.. Sunny, NW winds, highs 15