Monday, September 24th 7:00am.. Clouds and a few showers developed yesterday evening associated with a cold front that moved across the island. This front is now located SE of Cape Breton. An area of high pressure centered in central Quebec this morning is moving eastward and should crest over the island tomorrow morning. This feature will give generally clear skies and cool temps to the island over the next 48 hours. Clouds will begin to invade the region later Tuesday as the next weather system approaches with rain developing near dawn on Wednesday. This low pressure system will pass NW if the Maritimes Wednesday night and drag another cold front across the island near dawn Thursday morning. Skies will begin to clear Thursday afternoon as high pressure builds in. Clouds and possible showers effects the island Friday night into Saturday morning as a weak weather system moves through. Another weak weak system moves across the island Sunday evening with clouds and showers.
Precipitation.. Rain begins near dawn Wednesday morning ending Thursday afternoon giving 15-20 mms. Chance of showers Friday evening and again Sunday.
Temperatures.. Cool Today tonight into tomorrow morning. Temps will begin to moderate Tuesday afternoon as the southerly winds develop with above normal conditions expected Wednesday afternoon through Thursday morning. Normal Thursday afternoon through Saturday then cooler again for Sunday and Monday.
Wind.. Light NW winds today dropping off to calm this evening into tomorrow morning then light southerlies develop near noon tomorrow. These southerlies then increase to brisk-strong Wednesday morning shifting to NW Thursday noonish. Light easterlies on Friday then light westerlies on Saturday.
Thunderstorms.. Chance of a rumble later Wednesday into Thursday.
Hazards… Risk of widespread frost developing after midnight tonight into dawn tomorrow. Cover or move plants indoors if possible. The biggest risk areas will be just inland away from the effects if the Gulf/Strait and low lying areas, valleys, ditches etc. Wet driving conditions in any rain Wednesday and Thursday. The rain could be heavy at times. Bridge restrictions possible Wednesday/Thursday due southerly winds.
Watches/warnings.. Frost advisory in effect for all the island tonight.
- Today.. Sunny, light NW winds, highs 11
- Tonight.. Clear, calm cool, frosty, lows 2 except -1 inland low lying areas.
- Tomorrow.. Sunny, calm frosty start.. Increasing high cloudiness late afternoon, calm winds becoming light southerly, highs 14
- Tomorrow night.. Overcast, brisk south winds, lows 12
- Wednesday.. Rain developing early, brisk-strong south winds, temps climbing to 20 by evening.
- Thursday.. Rain at times heavy, brisk-strong SW wind shifting to NW in the afternoon, temps near 20 to start then falling to 14 with the cold frontal passage in the afternoon.
- Friday.. Sunny start, cloudy with showers by evening, light east winds, highs 17
- Saturday.. Morning Cloud and showers, sunny afternoon, light west winds, highs 17
- Sunday.. Sunny start becoming cloudy with showers late.. 14