Tuesday, September 25th 7:00am.. An area of high pressure centered over Maritimes is giving clear skies and rather chilly temps to the Island this morning. This feature will slide off to the east today. Clouds will be on the increase later today as an intensifying weather system tracks NW out of the upper Great Lakes with rain developing by dawn tomorrow. This system is expected to move into Labrador tomorrow afternoon while dragging a cold front eastward. The cold front will sweep across the island near dawn on Thursday with rain ending shortly there after. The system will be accompanied by strong winds and warm temps. High pressure then builds in for Thursday and early Friday. Saturday could see some clouds and slight chance of a shower with the passage of a another front. An upper air disturbance promises to bring some cloud and showers to the island Sunday night into Monday morning. High pressure returns later Monday into early Tuesday followed by rain Tuesday night.
Precipitation.. Showers begin near dawn tomorrow morning ending before noon on Thursday giving rainfall amounts of 15-20 mms. Dry for Thursday and Friday. Slight chance of a showers Friday night into Saturday morning. Some rain Sunday night into Monday. Rain Tuesday evening.
Temperatures.. Normal today, above normal tonight through Thursday morning then slightly above normal for Friday and Saturday. Below normal for Sunday through Tuesday.
Wind… Calm winds this morning, increasing southerly winds this afternoon becoming brisk-strong tonight through Thursday morning then shifting to NW. Light easterlies on Friday.
Hazards… Wet driving conditions in rain beginning tomorrow morning. Windy conditions developing tomorrow morning and extending into Thursday morning which mat cause bridge restrictions.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time..
- Today.. Sunny and calm this morning, increasing clouds later this afternoon along with increasing southerly winds. Highs 14
- Tonight.. Overcast with rain developing near dawn, brisk southerly winds, temps steady near 12
- Tomorrow.. Rain, brisk-strong south winds, highs 20
- Thursday.. Rain ending between dawn and noon then clearing, brisk-strong South winds shifting to NW, in the morning, temps near 20 to start then falling to 14 after the windshift.
- Friday.. Sunny start, cloudy evening, light east winds, highs 19
- Saturday.. Sunny, light west winds, highs 18
- Sunday.. Sunny start cloudy with showers late, 14
- Monday.. Rainy morning then clearing, 11