Monday, October 8th 8:00am.. A frontal remains draped in an ENE-SSW fashion just south of NS. An are of high pressure centered centered over central Quebec is also drifting eastward and will crest over the island early this evening. The currant cloudy conditions will give way to some sunshine today s the high moves through. That frontal system to the south will begin to lift north as a warm front tomorrow bring a return to of the clouds and chance of showers. Warmer temperatures will also spread across the island as the warm front moves north. The front will then begin to drop south again as a cold front just after midnight tomorrow night putting the island back on the cold side for Wednesday and Thursday. High pressure passes north of the region may allow for some sunshine for later Wednesday and Thursday morning. That front which has been drifting north and south over the past few days will once again begin to lift north again later Thursday spreading rain across the island by late afternoon along with some mild temperatures. Some tropical moisture from the south will get absorbed into the frontal system resulting in some heavy rain Thursday evening. The front makes another move to the south as a cold front Friday afternoon. The remnants of Hurricane Micheal will be passing SE of NS on Friday and will need to be watched for any northward shift in track. A large area of high pressure will drift eastward through the Great Lakes resulting in a cool northerly flow right out of Labrador. This will be the coolest air of the season and will become quite unstable with afternoon sunshine. Clouds build-ups and possible showers/flurries/ice pellets fro Saturday as the coldest of the air moves through. This will also be ripe for water spouts and cold core funnel clouds to develop so something to keep on eye on. The large area of high pressure drifts by south of NS on Sunday allowing winds to shift back to the south and some warmer temperatures. The next weather system will be approaching late Sunday with increasing clouds and rain developing on Monday morning.
Precipitation.. Slight chance of a left over shower this morning. Showers redevelop after midnight tonight and basically continues through Wednesday afternoon as the front wiggles north and south across the island. Dry spell between Wednesday afternoon and Thursday afternoon. The some rain at times heavy begins Thursday afternoon ending Friday ending near dawn Friday morning. This could be a significant amount. Saturday will be unstable with cloud build-ups developing resulting in showers/possible wet flurries/ice pellets. Ran begins early Monday as the next weather system approaches.
Temperatures.. Slightly below normal today, above normal tomorrow, slightly below normal again for Wednesday and Thursday. Above normal on Friday then quite cool for the weekend. One-day Warm-up on Monday.
Wind.. The winds will be shifting back and forth between north and south depending on what side of the front we are on.
Hazards.. Clear skies and calm winds will most likely lead to frost inland low lying temps fall very close to or below freezing this evening/early overnight. Protect any plants.. Wet driving conditions in any showers.. Sig rain possible Thursday evening.
Watches/warnings. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy with slight chance of a morning shower, clearing late, light north wind,s highs 11
- Tonight.. Clear becoming cloudy with chance of showers towards dawn, calm winds, risk of frost before clouds roll in, lows between -1/+4 under clear skies then warming slowly with increased cloud cover. The coldest part should be between sunset and midnight.
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with isolated showers, increasing southerly winds becoming brisk towards evening, highs 16 by mid evening.
- Wednesday.. Showers ending early then then sun and cloud, light-brisk north winds, highs 11,
- Thursday.. Rain at times heavy developing in the afternoon, light east winds, highs 8
- Friday.. Showers ending early then sun and cloud, brisk south winds shifting to NW in the afternoon, highs 15,
- Saturday.. Sun early becoming cloudy with chance of showers/ice pellets/snow pellets. Light-brisk NW winds, highs 8
- Sunday.. Sun and cloud, chance of afternoon cloud build-ups with showers/ice pellets/snow pellets, highs 8
- Monday.. Rain developing, 15