Monday, October 29th 6:00am.. A trough of low pressure oriented N-S located just east of Cape Breton continues to give rain to eastern Cape Breton this morning. This feature is slowly moving off to the east but a few showers could linger across the island. Some sunny breaks possible today but clouds will be quick to move back as another low pressure system approaches from the south. This system develops near Cape Cod near noon today noon today and moves NE crossing Maritimes overnight tonight. More rain will accompany this system beginning this evening and continuing off and on all day tomorrow. High pressure briefly build sin for Wednesday with some sunshine especially early. Clouds return during the afternoon as a frontal boundary sets up in a NE-SW fashion which extends from the Gulf of Mexico all the way up to the Canadian Maritimes. This feature will be stationary in this location until Sunday night. A couple of waves of low pressure will develop along the front and ripple NE right into the Maritimes enhancing rainfall. This will occur Thursday night into Friday morning then again Saturday night into Sunday afternoon. High pressure will build in for Monday and Tuesday with some sunshine.
Precipitation.. Left over showers this morning especially down east where a couple of more mms possible. Rain redevelops this evening tapering back to showers before dawn tomorrow giving another 10 mms. Cloudy with a few showers possible through the day tomorrow. Wednesday looking not too bad with increasing chance of showers towards evening. An extended period of wet weather begins Late Wednesday night and continues through Sunday afternoon. Enhanced rainfall expected Friday then again Saturday night into Sunday afternoon. Hard to give amounts as this will be dependent on the exact position of the frontal trough and the eventual track of the waves of low pressure as they track through but the 4 day total could be significant.
Temperatures.. Remaining above normal today, cools down to normal tomorrow then slightly below normal for Wednesday. At or above normal Thursday through Sunday. Cool down begins Monday.
Wind.. Light SW winds, today, calm tonight then NW tomorrow and Wednesday. Light southerlies on Thursday increasing to brisk-strong on Friday shifting to NE on Saturday and Sunday.
Halloween.. Looking cloudy with slight chance of showers. Light SW-W winds and early evening temps near 6.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in showers this morning then again tonight.
Watches/warnings.. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light SW winds, highs 15
- Tonight.. Cloudy with rain developing this evening tapering to showers by dawn giving 10 mms, calm-light SW winds, lows 10
- Tomorrow.. Cloudy with showers, Light NW winds, temps steady near 10
- Wednesday.. Sun and cloud, becoming mostly cloudy with chance of showers late, light SW-W winds, highs 7
- Thursday.. Rain, light south winds, highs 11
- Friday.. Rain at times heavy, brisk-strong SW winds, highs 16
- Saturday.. Showers becoming periods of rain late, light north winds, highs 8
- Sunday.. Rain at times heavy, brisk NE winds, highs 10
- Monday.. Cloudy, NE winds, highs 6