Tuesday, October 30th 6:30am.. A broad area of low pressure is moving across the Maritimes today with cloud and showers. Tomorrow morning will see a weak ridge of high pressure approach from the west and is expected to crest over the island tomorrow afternoon. We should some sunshine with this feature. Clouds thicken up quickly Wednesday evening as a frontal system approaches with showers developing near midnight. The frontal system will then stall and be draped in a NE-SW fashion expected from Newfoundland all the back through the American mid west. Clouds and showers will accompany this feature. Several waves of low pressure will then ripple NE along the frontal boundary across the region enhancing rainfall which occurs Friday nigh and again on Saturday night. The front finally sweeps eastward by Sunday afternoon and should allow for clearing skies unfortunately will also bring an end to the mild temperatures. High pressure builds in and dominates for Monday and Tuesday with some sunshine. Clouds and showers late Wednesday as another cold front moves through.
Precipitation… Chance of showers today and this evening with a drying trend toward dawn tomorrow. Wednesday should be dry but more showers expected just after midnight. These periods of rain or showers continue all day Thursday, Friday Saturday ending Sunday morning. The rain will be heavy at times Friday evening and Saturday night with significant amounts possible. Dry Sunday afternoon through Wednesday afternoon.
Temperatures.. Mild again today, slightly cooler tomorrow then normal on Thursday. Above normal Friday through Sunday morning. Cooler air invades Sunday and continues into Monday, normal again on Tuesday.
Wind.. Light southerly now will shift to northerly this afternoon which continue through tomorrow. Light southerlies again on Thursday.
Halloween.. Generally cloudy skies, slight chance of a shower late, light NW winds and early evening temps near 6.
Hazards.. Wet driving conditions in showers today.
Watches/warnings. None for PEI at this time.
- Today.. Cloudy with chance of showers, light south winds shifting to NW, highs 11
- Tonight.. Cloud and chance of showers ending towards dawn, light NW winds, lows 5
- Tomorrow.. Sun and cloud, chance of showers late in the day, light NW winds, highs 7
- Thursday.. Cloudy with showers or periods of rain, light south winds, highs 10
- Friday.. Rain, at times heavy, brisk south winds, highs 13
- Saturday.. Rain at times heavy, light-brisk NE winds, highs 10
- Sunday.. Morning cloud and rain, clearing through the afternoon, brisk-strong south winds, shifting to NW, temps 16 which occur in the morning then falling through the afternoon with the NW winds.
- Monday.. Sun and cloud, light-brisk NW winds, highs 7
- Tuesday.. Sun and cloud, light south winds, highs 10